Vitajte! Prihlásiť sa Vytvoriť nový profil

Rozšírené

Sebastian LaRue takes it all in

Autor Stepter 
Sebastian LaRue takes it all in
06d.10m.2012 08:52AM
The venue had been changed five times since Friday, so missing was the large gathering of students and faculty that is typical for assemblies of this magnitude.

Yet, that mattered little -- those in attendance roared loudly when LaRue was presented with his jersey as part of the American Family Insurance Selection Tour for the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game, which will be played Jan. 4 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Fla.

"It's a big honor," LaRue said. "It's something you think about growing up. You remember watching all the other guys that played in games like this, guys that have gone on to do great things in college and the NFL."

LaRue, who has committed to nearby USC, will be one of many elite high school football players to play in the game. When he does, he'll be able to check off a top priority from his to-do list.

"I set out to do this," LaRue said. "Last year as a junior I said I wanted to experience these things. I wanted to feel like I accomplished everything that I could at this level."

LaRue, who plays on both sides of the ball and excels on specials teams for Santa Monica, was overcome with emotion when he was first notified of his selection to the Under Armour All-America Game. All the grueling hours of training and the early-morning practices had paid off.

Under Armour All-America Game
Several of the nation's top football prospects were presented with their Under Armour All-America Game jerseys during the American Family Insurance Selection Tour for the 2013 Under Armour All-America Game.
• AFI Selection Tour home »
• 2013 UA Game roster »
The four-star receiver thanked his parents, teammates, coaches and friends for their support.

"It took a minute for it to set in, honestly," he said. "It was a surreal feeling. I felt like somebody was playing a prank on me. It's an amazing feeling to be recognized. I immediately called my coaches and thanked them for everything."

Snapback Caps
Monster Caps
Monster energy Caps
Do tohto fóra môžu prispievať iba registrovaní užívatelia.

Pre prihlásenie kliknite sem.